- The effect of the GDPR on direct marketing
- To what extent will the GDPR impact on reliance on opt-in and opt-out consents, in relevance to grounds for unlawful processing?
- Will direct marketers need to get new consents if they already had valid consents under the Data Protection Act 1998?
- When considering the impact on grounds for lawful processing—can legitimate interests be relied on, and if so in what circumstance?
- What areas of uncertainty remain?
- What existing and forthcoming guidance is available to assist those involved in direct marketing?
Information Law analysis: As part of our Data Protection Day series, Richard Cumbley partner at Linklaters, explores the effect the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will have on direct marketing, and the major differences the industry could face with its implementation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial