- The Domestic Abuse Bill—a missed opportunity?
- What is the background to the introduction of this Bill and is it desirable?
- What are the key changes which will arise as a result of the Bill? Will these new measures be practical? Are there still any grey areas or unresolved issues?
- What will be the implications for practitioners, families and children? What will practitioners need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
- What will be the next steps in the progress of this Bill?
Family analysis: Claire Molyneux, consultant at Mills & Reeve LLP, analyses the reintroduction of the Domestic Abuse Bill in Parliament, the background to the Bill, the new measures it aims to introduce, the Bill’s implications and next steps. The Bill received its first reading in the House of Commons on 3 March 2020.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial