- The deprivation of liberty—balancing rights, resources and responsibility
- Original news
- What were the issues in this case?
- How is the law currently framed concerning the relationship between parental consent and deprivation of liberty?
- How does this case fit in with the developing law since the Cheshire West case?
- What about the impact on resources?
- What is the relevance of the state imputability point?
Local Government analysis: How should local authorities protect 16- and 17-year-olds from the deprivation of their liberty? Ben Troke, partner in the health and social care team at Browne Jacobson, explains the arguments expressed in Birmingham City Council v D.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial