- The culture of late payment
- Original news
- What are the key changes that are being brought forward?
- How will this impact on the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1988 (LPCD(I)A 1998)?
- Will the introduction of these proposals be a desirable development?
- Are there any possible drawbacks to the changes?
- What should lawyers do next?
- Are there any patterns/trends emerging in the law in this area?
- Do you have any predictions for future?
Commercial analysis: A new EU Directive is intended to strengthen current legislation on late payment by establishing common minimum requirements to combat a culture of late payment in commercial transactions. Julian Ireland, a solicitor with EMW and a specialist in debt recovery, discusses the recent developments around late payments.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial