- The common law issue of reasonable foreseeability
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise? Why is it significant?
- What did the court decide?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
Personal Injury analysis: Jackie Spinks, partner at Anthony Gold, revisits the principles of the statutory and common law duty of care and reasonable foreseeability in Lear v Hickstead.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial