- The Building Safety Bill and the future of the construction industry
- It’s four years since the fire at Grenfell Tower, is the government doing the right things—and the things that are really needed—to address the issues it drew attention to around fire safety and building safety? How have attitudes changed?
- Which aspects of the Bill will be the most widely welcomed and which may be opposed?
- Which aspects of the Bill will be the most challenging for the construction industry?
- Is there anything that the construction industry, or any of the players within it, should be doing, or contemplating, now in anticipation of the Bill becoming law?
Construction analysis: Zoe de Courcy Arbiser, partner and Katherine Metcalfe, legal director at Pinsent Masons discuss the recent publication of the Building Safety Bill (Bill) and how it aims to address issues around fire and building safety, as well as key changes and implications for the construction industry.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial