- The blockchain boom—blockchain in property transactions
- How important is blockchain, in particular, in improving the home buying process?
- Where do you see blockchain being utilised within property transactions?
- HMLR using blockchain
- Property data
- What are the benefits of using blockchain and other technologies such as distributed ledgers and smart contracts in land registration?
- Property ownership
- What are the current barriers and pain points in moving towards blockchain based solutions?
- How can blockchain be regulated and what should lawyers be aware of?
Property analysis: As part of a series exploring the ‘blockchain boom’, we explore the ways in which blockchain can change property transactions, and the benefits or barriers to this. Matthew Pennington, director at Leads for Lawyers and QuoteXpress and law firm consultant, considers how HM Land Registry (HMLR) could use blockchain to streamline and improve property transactions, and the key barriers to the uptake of blockchain in the property sector.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial