- The asylum acquis—how is the EU tackling the migration crisis?
- What are the key problems with the current EU asylum acquis?
- How has the EU dealt with the 'migration crisis' in recent months?
- What are its longer-term proposals for change?
- What are your views on this?
Immigration analysis: Examining proposals for reform of the asylum acquis, Greg Ó Ceallaigh, barrister at Garden Court Chambers, says a very significant number of changes are being made all at once, which at least shows that the EU is taking the threat posed by the migration crisis seriously, but there are concerns that the new processes undermine human rights and Members States’ other international obligations.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial