- That sinking feeling—funding estate regeneration
- How is this large-scale regeneration set to be funded?
- Set against the background of local authority cuts, how can local authorities fund such ambitious projects?
- What are the challenges when utilising private finance or investment in such schemes and regeneration?
- Have there been any examples in the recent history that offer lessons for local authorities?
Local Government analysis: The prime minister’s announcement concerning the future of so-called ‘sink estates’ leaves no doubt about this government’s aspiration to tackle the regeneration of many of the country’s housing estates. Tonia Secker, partner in the housing and regeneration department at Trowers and Hamlins LLP, considers the government’s ambitious statement and the range of funding options available to bring the vision to fruition.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial