- That sinking feeling—estate regeneration and the future of social housing
- Will the number of social houses be protected in any regeneration?
- How will any ongoing relationship with developers and local authorities work in practice?
- What does this mean for those who have already bought their estate property under right to buy?
- Will the regeneration of an estate affect the tenant's eligibility to utilise the latest iteration of right to buy?
- Do you envisage any issues with this regeneration project in relation to social housing?
Local Government analysis: Following the prime minister’s announcement that the government is to ‘tear down’ sink estates as part of a comprehensive package of measures to end poverty and aid social reform, Andrew Brookes, partner at Anthony Gold, assesses the impact of the proposals on social housing and tenants.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial