- Suspension of discharge from bankruptcy (Weir (as trustee in bankruptcy of Claire Elisabeth Hilsdon) v Hilsdon)
- Original news
- What was the background to the appeal?
- What are the practical lessons that those advising can take away from the appeal?
- What were the legal issues the judge had to decide?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What order was made with regard to suspension from discharge at the handing down of the appeal judgment?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Richard Ascroft, barrister at Guildhall Chambers, discusses the case of Weir (as trustee in bankruptcy of Claire Elisabeth Hilsdon) v Hilsdon, which provides a worthwhile clarification on the suspension of discharge from bankruptcy.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial