- Suspension does not breach the implied term of trust and confidence provided employer has reasonable and proper cause (LB of Lambeth v Agoreyo)
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
- What is the relevant background?
- Relevant law
- Background facts
- The County Court decision
- The High Court decision
- What did the Court of Appeal decide?
- Case details
Employment analysis: .The correct and only test to apply in deciding if suspension constitutes a breach of the implied term of mutual trust and confidence is whether the employer has reasonable and proper cause for suspension; it does not include consideration of whether it was necessary to suspend, according to the Court of Appeal.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial