- Supreme Court finds designation of Airports National Policy Statement lawful (Friends of the Earth v SoST)
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What is the background to the case?
- Legal and policy background
- Factual background
- What did the court find?
- Breach of PA 2008, s 5(8)
- Breach of PA 2008, s 10
- Breach of SEA Directive
- Non CO impacts and emissions beyond 2050
- Case details
Planning analysis: The Supreme Court has overturned the decision of the Court of Appeal in deciding that the designation of the Airports National Policy Statement (ANPS) in 2018 was lawful. The ANPS gives policy support to the expansion of capacity at Heathrow Airport, by the addition of a third runway to the north west of the existing two runways.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial