- Supreme Court considers test for obviousness of dosage patent (Actavis Group PTC EHF and others v Icos Corporation and another)
- What are the practical implications of the judgment?
- What was the background?
- What did the Supreme Court decide?
- Test for obviousness of dosage patent
- Court of Appeal’s ability to reverse finding of obviousness
IP analysis: Robert Burrows, partner, and Rachel Mumby and Claire Phipps-Jones, senior associates, at Bristows, examine the Supreme Court’s decision in Actavis Group PTC EHF and others v Icos Corporation and another establishing that the Court of Appeal had been entitled to reverse the Patents Court’s decision that the appellants’ patent relating to the optimal dosage of a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction involved an inventive step.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial