- Supreme Court considers detention pending deportation
- Original news
- What issues arose in this case?
- What did the court decide?
- How helpful is the judgment in clarifying the law in this area? What does it mean for lawyers and their clients?
- Are there any remaining grey areas?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Immigration analysis: The Home Secretary should reconsider her policy on the detention, pending deportation, of the mentally ill in the light of the Supreme Court’s decision in R (on the application of O), says solicitor Stefan Vnuk, of Lawrence Lupin Solicitors.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial