- Supporting employees going through the menopause at work
- Original news
- What are the key challenges presented by the menopause at work?
- What is the menopause?
- What legal protections currently exist for women going through the menopause at work?
- Disability Discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Age discrimination
- What avenues are available for an employee to raise the issue with a manager? What support options exist?
- What support systems should be put in place by an employer?
- Employers should ensure that health and safety checks take place
- Employers should have a policy in place and ensure managers are properly trained to implement it
- Consider having a menopause or wellbeing champion
Employment analysis: The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) has published guidance on how to manage the impact of the menopause at work, highlighting the importance of ensuring employees have options in the workplace to discuss symptoms which could impact their capacity to perform the duties of their roles. Remziye Ozcan, associate at Slater Gordon, examines the ways that employers can offer to support menopausal employees, and warns how they could otherwise face legal challenge on basis of disability, sex or age discrimination.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial