- Strengthening micro businesses
- Original news
- What is the background to the consultation?
- What is a micro business and why do they need protecting?
- What is the government proposing?
- The Small Business Commissioner’s general advice and information function
- Guidance (which could be statutory) for businesses when supplying micro businesses
- Requirement to provide pre-contract information when dealing with micro businesses
- Is the definition of a micro business pitched at the right level?
- Will creating a third tier of customer between consumers and large enterprises complicate the market place to the detriment of micro businesses?
- What is the risk of mission creep from micro businesses to SMEs? Do SMEs deserve such protection as well?
Commercial analysis: Will proposals to protect micro businesses be workable in practice? Tom Hall, partner at Pannone Corporate, explores government plans to better equip micro businesses in the market place—and warns of ‘mission creep’.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial