- Strategising in law firms
- What factors do law firms take into account when making strategic decisions and why is it important for firms to stay on top of these?
- What is strategy?
- What do firms look for when strategising and horizon scanning and what do clients like to see? What are some current examples of trends that firms are taking into consideration?
- Current trends
- Who decides how funding will be invested? What is the risk of getting it wrong?
- Are some firms more willing to take big risks in investment decisions? What are the benefits and concerns of doing this, and how would you advise the law firm who may be tentative about a particular investment decision?
Practice Management analysis: How can law firms ensure they are making the best, most productive strategic decisions? With issues such as Brexit on the horizon, we look at how decision-makers in firms can ensure they improve their competitiveness through effective performance management. Peter Scott, former managing partner of Eversheds Sutherlands’ London and European offices and now a consultant to UK law firms on governance, discusses the questions decision makers should be asking, and what to look out for in the near future.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial