- Staying in Safe Harbor—digital copyright under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998
- What change has been implemented regarding safe harbor protection by the US Copyright Office?
- What is the background to this development?
- What are the timings relating to registering with the new online system and complying with the new regulations?
- What should UK lawyers advise their clients who are owners of websites accessible in the US?
- What are the risks for website owners that don't comply with the new DMCA requirements?
IP & IT analysis: New US digital laws promise to simplify the process by which online service providers are protected against copyright infringement. Ann Fort and James Johnson, of Eversheds-Sutherland in Atlanta, explain how organisations can avoid getting caught out by the new regulations.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial