- Social media and the misuse of private information
- Original news
- What key issues were these cases concerned with?
- How did the court approach these issues and what did it decide?
- Are the judgments helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the common pitfalls and what are the remaining grey areas?
- What practical implications might these decisions have? What should lawyers take note of?
- Are the decisions in line with any trends in this area? What are your predictions for the future?
IP & IT analysis: What has been the outcome of recent cases in Northern Ireland concerning the misuse of private information on social media? Olivia O’Kane, senior associate at Carson McDowell, outlines two recent cases involving Facebook and explains that while the cases are not connected, they both provide clarity on the take down and notice procedures, as well as the liability of information society service providers (ISSPs).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial