- Social media and the family courts (Southend Borough Council v CO and another)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law?
Local Government analysis: How should courts attempt to strike a balance between rights to freedom of expression and privacy in the family courts? Sarah Duxbury, barrister at EA Law, considers the judgment in Southend Borough Council v Co and another, and says use of social media and online activism is an issue of increasing significance in family proceedings and it is inevitable we will see it spring up again.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial