- Singapore COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 and legal relief—a reflection
- Original news
- What is the nature and extent of this development?
- Effect of the Act and its application
- A judicial circuit-breaker
- Entitlement to temporary contractual relief
- Stay or dismissal of court and domestic arbitration proceedings
- Assessor’s determination and updating of court or tribunal
- What was the background to this development?
- What are the practical implications?
Arbitration analysis: Shaun Lee, counsel, and Low Zhe Ning, trainee at Bird & Bird ATMD LLP consider the provisions of the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act relating to temporary relief from legal action amid ongoing challenges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial