- SIFoCC's 2019 Multilateral Enforcement Memorandum—a practical guide to the international enforcement of foreign money judgments
- What is the Standing International Forum of Commercial Courts?
- What is the memorandum, and what are the key points of relevance to dispute resolution practitioners?
- What is the scope of the memorandum, and what are its limitations?
- To what extent might the memorandum address enforcement issues in the event of a no deal Brexit? Does it have potential to usurp the supremacy of arbitration awards when it comes to enforcement?
Dispute Resolution analysis: In June 2019, the Standing International Forum of Commercial Courts (SIFoCC) published a Multilateral Memorandum on Enforcement of Commercial Judgments for Money (the memorandum), a landmark multilateral memorandum providing legal guidance on the enforcement of money judgments issued by commercial courts of its membership countries. Derek Bayley and Sara Sheffield, associate and partner in the commercial disputes team at HFW Dubai, outline the aims, scope and limitations of the memorandum.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial