- Short-term lettings—snags in the sharing economy
- Finding a place to rest your head
- Problems for the leaseholder
- Does your lease permit you to rent out your property?
- Do you need to check the immigration status of your guests?
- Take care to reflect leasehold obligations in ‘house-rules’
- Planning issue—is planning permission required to lodge guests?
- Concerns for a mortgagor—will your mortgage permit short-term rentals?
- Insurance issues
- What happens if the property is damaged by short-term guests?
- Will brokerages provide any protection for damage?
- Is any other insurance available?
Property analysis: Partner, Dev Desai, and Associate, Thomas Bumstead, of Watson Farley & Williams LLP’s Dispute Resolution Group give a brief guide to short-term lettings and examine the problems they present.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial