- Shifting duty of care towards local authorities
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise? Why is it significant?
- What did the court decide?
- How helpful is the judgment in clarifying the law in this area?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Personal Injury analysis: In what circumstances is it reasonable to impose a common law duty of care on a local council? Teertha Gupta QC, barrister at 4 Paper Buildings, examines the judgment in CN v GN and explains that this decision paves the way for many future claims.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial