- Settling complaints of sexual harassment at work
- What are the advantages of settling workplace disputes involving complaints of sexual harassment?
- What are the disadvantages of doing so?
- Are there any restrictions on the extent to which employees can be made to keep allegations of this kind confidential as part of an agreement?
- What can an employer do if an employee breaches a confidentiality clause in a settlement agreement or conciliated settlement (COT3) and, for example, goes to the press with details of their allegation?
- In light of the recent high-profile cases, do you think there is any likelihood that the law will be changed to prevent confidentiality clauses being used in the context of the settlement of claims of sexual harassment?
Employment analysis: How should employers go about settling complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace? Mandy Lyne, a partner at Cambridge Employment Law, examines the pros and cons of taking the settlement route.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial