- Seeking consent under the General Data Protection Regulation
- What are the changes to the definition of consent under the GDPR?
- What challenges do these raise?
- Is there any practical guidance from the regulators about how connected service providers might fulfil the consent requirements?
- How might lawyers advise their clients about complying with the new consent requirements?
TMT analysis: How should businesses go about obtaining valid consent to the processing of personal data? Tim Hickman, associate at White & Case, takes a closer look at the conditions that must be met for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and says businesses should ensure that they seek consent when appropriate, rather than relying solely on consent as their default legal basis for processing personal data.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial