- Seeking adjournments at bankruptcy hearings
- Original news
- What was the background to the application?
- What were the legal issues the judge had to decide in this application?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the judge decide and why?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Eleanor Temple, barrister at Kings Chambers, explores Day v Refulgent and explains why petitioners and litigants should not turn up at a bankruptcy petition hearing and expect to get an adjournment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial