- Safeguarding foreign investments during a pandemic
- Investment agreements—determining the protection for foreign investments
- Monitoring government regulations—determining violations of investment agreements
- Questions for compulsory restrictions
- Questions for new tax provisions
- Economic stimulus packages
- Recovering losses through international arbitration and considering alternative remedies
Law360, Expert Analysis: Investment agreements can protect foreign holdings when governmental measures in response to coronavirus (COVID-19) are overly restrictive, unnecessarily protracted or discriminatory, say Nicholas Berg, Kathleen Saunders Gregor, Daniel Ward and Ellen Gilley, lawyers at Ropes & Gray.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial