- Safe Harbor out, Privacy Shield in
- Original news
- What have the Commission announced?
- How different is the Privacy Shield to the Safe Harbor arrangement?
- Is it likely that the Privacy Shield could also be successfully challenged in the courts?
- When can we expect a draft agreement and how long before it takes effect?
- What should organisations do in the meantime?
IP & IT analysis: Will the Privacy Shield be able to rectify the weaknesses in the now invalidated Safe Harbor regime? Daniel Cooper, a partner at Covington and Burling, highlights the enhanced protections it is intended to offer, but warns that it will not come into effect immediately, and organisations must not be complacent in the meantime.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial