- Running and participating in referendum campaigns in the UK—lessons learnt
- What is the legal framework surrounding referendum campaigns in the UK?
- What are the key legal issues facing the two campaigns on the EU referendum trail?
- Has there been any recent case law in this area?
- Are there any lessons that can be learnt from the referendum on Scottish independence?
Public Law analysis: With the ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’ campaigns gathering pace in preparation for the UK referendum on EU membership, Charles Livingstone, partner, and Douglas Waddell, solicitor, in the public law & regulatory team at Scottish firm Brodies LLP, discuss the legal requirements in running referendum campaigns in the UK, including some valuable insight gained from the Scottish independence referendum.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial