- Ruling will be ‘useful guide’ to cases against Spain (Isolux Netherlands, BV v. Kingdom of Spain)
- Original news
- What was the background to this dispute?
- What issues were before the tribunal? What did the tribunal decide?
- How does the award relate to the 21 January 2016 award (in claim brought by claimant’s subsidiaries)?
- What are the implications for investment treaty arbitration practitioners?
- Are there any trends in this area?
Arbitration analysis: In his analysis of how investment treaty arbitrations are being developed in Spain, Frederico Singarajah of Hardwicke Chambers says the recent ruling in Isolux Netherlands, BV v. Kingdom of Spain will be a useful guide to claims against Spain in the photovoltaic sector, governed by the Energy Charter Treaty 1994 (ECT).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial