- Role of the Parliamentary Select Committees and BHS
- What was your role in advising the Work and Pensions and Business, Innovation and Skills House of Commons Select Committees?
- What areas of law were you advising on?
- What do you think will happen now the report has been published?
- Were you appointed directly by the committee? Did your role end on the publication of the report?
- Do you think we will start to see more ‘trial’ by MP committee post a company’s failing prior to any insolvency service investigation?
- Do you think barristers will be asked to participate in this sort of advisory role more frequently in the future?
Restructuring Insolvency analysis: The collapse of nationwide clothing retailer BHS has prompted much concern about many issues ranging from pension fund deficits to abuse of limited liability laws. Owing to the complexity and scale of the problem, the Parliamentary Select Committee called on expert advice from barristers at South Square. Hannah Thornley explains the role of the South Square team, giving insight as to why their input was called on, and whether or not we might see more of such arrangements in future.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial