- Reviewing Shaw
- Original news
- What are the key issues raised by the Shaw Review?
- How might this report affect the treatment of immigration detainees?
- Could the review of current policies lead to legal challenges being launched against the government?
- What should those involved in immigration decisions and appeals take from this report?
- Could this be the catalyst for a change of approach from the government?
Immigration analysis: How important is the Shaw Review in changing the government’s approach to the detention of vulnerable immigrant detainees? Pierre Makhlouf, assistant director at Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID), and John Cox, policy and research manager at BID, suggest the report is unlikely to change government policy.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial