- Retaining deposit when the buyer fails to complete (Solid Rock Investments v Reddy)
- Original news
- What are the implications of this case for lawyers?
- What was this case about? Why is it significant?
- How helpful is the judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of law? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Property analysis: When must a property seller return the contractual deposit when the buyer fails to complete? Kate McCall, partner at Shoosmiths, says a recent ruling clarifies how the courts will approach a buyer’s application for the return of a deposit where it failed to complete—and only in exceptional circumstances will the deposit be returned.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial