- Restriction on acquiring rights of common by prescription
- Original news
- What was the background to the claim?
- What was the aim of CRA 1965 with regard to registration of rights of common?
- Why did the court dismiss the appeal?
- What does the decision mean for anyone wishing to register a right of common created by prescription after 2 January 1970?
- Are there any detectable trends in this area? What are your predictions for the future?
Planning analysis: Katherine Evans and Alexandra Holsgrove Jones of TLT examine the Court of Appeal’s decision in Littlejohns v Devon County Council, which concludes that a right of common over land registered as common land cannot be acquired over it by prescription after 2 January 1970.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial