- Residential Property Developer Tax (RPDT)—technical consultation on draft legislation
- Original news
- What is the background to this draft legislation?
- Who is within scope?
- What is a related company?
- What is residential property?
- Are there any express exclusions from the scope?
- How is the tax calculated?
- How does the annual allowance work?
- Are there any particular concerns or issues with the legislation?
- When can we expect final legislation and when will the tax apply?
- What next?
Tax analysis: HMRC has launched a consultation on the draft legislation for the Residential Property Developer Tax (RPDT) ahead of its inclusion in the 2021–22 Finance Bill. This follows the government holding a consultation seeking views on the policy design of the new RPDT between 29 April and 22 July 2021. Ian Zeider, knowledge counsel at Travers Smith and Cathryn Vanderspar discuss the draft legislation and possible issues.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial