- Renationalisation—the energy sector
- What is the background for the current discussion around renationalisation of the energy sector?
- What are the main arguments for and against the renationalisation of the energy sector?
- National Grid are strongly opposed to nationalisation and have indicated they would take legal action to avoid it. What are the reasons behind their stance? And what legal actions could the National Grid take?
- How has the wider energy industry reacted to Labour’s proposal?
- What form could the process of renationalisation take?
- What would happen to the private energy companies?
Energy analysis: As part of a series on the continued debate around renationalisation, Lis Blundson, partner in the energy and regulatory team at Fieldfisher discuss Labour’s proposal to renationalise the energy sector, exploring the different forms renationalisation could take.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial