- Removing taxpayer safeguards from HMRC information powers
- Original news
- What changes is HMRC considering making to its information powers?
- Why is HMRC consulting on these changes now?
- Should law-abiding taxpayers be concerned about the proposed removal of safeguards?
- What lessons has HMRC drawn from comparing the UK’s rules with those of other jurisdictions?
- What happens next?
Tax analysis: A consultation by HMRC on amending its civil information powers focuses on the way in which HMRC requests information from third parties. Annis Lampard, of Deloitte’s UK tax disclosure and transparency team, answers some questions on the consultation, which will close on 2 October 2018.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial