- Regulations to exempt First Homes from Community Infrastructure Levy in England in force from 16 November 2020
- What is the background to the changes?
- What changes do the CIL Amendment Regulations make?
- Changes to mandatory social housing relief
- Changes to discretionary social housing relief
- Changes to withdrawal of social housing relief
Planning analysis: The government has made the Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) (England) (No 2) Regulations 2020 (the CIL Amendment Regulations). Coming into force on 16 November 2020, the CIL Amendment Regulations provide for First Homes, the current government’s new affordable housing product, which is to provide discounts of at least 30% on new-build properties to first-time buyers, to be liable to exemption from Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) charges.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial