- Regulating cryptocurrency and crypto-mining
- What is crypto-mining?
- What happened in the recent crypto-mining attack on government and other organisations’ websites? How do these attacks differ from other viruses or malicious software and has anyone claimed responsibility?
- Why are private consumer computers often the target of crypto-mining attacks?
- Is the current legislative framework adequate to deal with this? If not, what changes need to be made?
- What are the main difficulties of regulating cryptocurrency?
- How would introducing taxation of cryptocurrency, as suggested in Iceland, improve monitoring of legal (and illegal) uses?
TMT analysis: Richard Howlett, partner at Selachii, explains crypto-mining and considers some of the issues with the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial