- Recovering unlawful redemption payments (DD Growth Premium 2X Fund (in official liquidation) v RMF Market Neutral Strategies (Master) Ltd (Cayman Islands))
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment? What should practitioners be mindful of when advising in this area?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Corporate analysis: The appeal from the Court of Appeal of DD Growth Premium 2X Fund (in official liquidation) v RMF Market Neutral Strategies (Master) Ltd (Cayman Islands) raised issues about the Cayman Islands’ company law, as it was between 1989 and 2011, in relation to payments by RMF Market Neutral Strategies of the premium due on the redemption of its shares. Ben Hobden, partner at Conyers Dill & Pearman, examines the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial