- Rare appellate decision on a very common argument (Gaind v Dunbar Assets plc)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What was the background to this case?
- What were the issues before the judge?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- Case details
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: In what circumstances can a guarantor avoid a call on the guarantee by the lender on the ground of misrepresentation? Joseph Curl, barrister at 9 Stone Buildings, reviews the appellate decision in Gaind v Dunbar Assets plc in which he acted for the lender.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial