- Ramadan—practical tips for employers
- What is Ramadan and how long does it last?
- What considerations does it raise for employers?
- Would you advise employers to have a policy dealing with religious observance? If so, what would it cover?
- How would you advise employers to deal with the requests for time off over Ramadan? What issues may arise?
- How would you advise employers to deal with the impact of employees fasting during Ramadan?
- What other issues may arise for employers as a result of the observance of Ramadan?
Employment analysis: As the holy month of Ramadan gets underway, with fasting between sunrise and sundown, employers may find themselves with specific requests from Muslim members of staff. Shah Qureshi, head of employment law at Bindmans, comments on the practical tips for employers during Ramadan.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial