- Queen’s Speech 2016—planning ahead for the property sector
- What were the key announcements in the Queen’s speech affecting property practitioners?
- What legislation has been announced regarding the Land Registry? Will this legislation, as suggested by the government, benefit customers?
- Were there any announcements regarding home building?
- What is the significance of the draft Law of Property Bill? What proposals do you imagine will be included? How might this simplify the law around land ownership?
- Were there any surprising omissions?
- Is there anything lawyers and their clients should do in the light of the announcements?
- What are the trends? Do you have any predictions for the future?
- What does the Digital Economy Bill (focusing on telecommunications) mean for property lawyers?
Property analysis: Following the Queen’s Speech, Samantha Blackburn, head of residential property law at Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP, says it’s not surprising, in light of the impending EU referendum and the uncertainties over what a Brexit may entail, that the government did not spring any surprises on property practitioners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial