- Queen’s Speech 2016—green proposals take a backseat
- What is the background to this?
- What environment-related announcements were made in the Queen’s Speech?
- Was more expected and what does the absence of more significant announcements say about government priorities in this area?
- What does the Queen’s Speech say about climate change and the low carbon agenda? What action is the government likely to take to tackle this?
- What does the Queen’s Speech say about controversial topics in Wales like onshore wind and fracking? Was this expected?
- What does the Queen’s Speech say about green transport? What can we expect to see in the Modern Transport Bill?
- What would you conclude from this?
Environment analysis: The Queen’s Speech is notably light on environmental commitments. This comes as no surprise to Tim Pugh, consultant at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, despite David Cameron’s rousing speeches on climate change delivered to the COP21 Paris Summit in November 2015.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial