- Queen’s Speech 2016—advancing the digital economy
- What were the key announcements in the Queen’s Speech affecting the telecommunications industry?
- Is the government’s plan to ensure every household in the UK has the legal right to high-speed broadband possible? How would they achieve this goal?
- What new laws will be introduced to aid telecommunications providers build the infrastructure needed to supply faster broadband? How ambitious is this project?
- Were there any surprise omissions in the Queen’s Speech?
- Is there anything lawyers and their clients should do in light of the announcements?
- What are the trends? Do you have any predictions for the future?
IP & IT analysis: With the introduction of a legal right to high-speed broadband high on the government’s agenda, Purvi Parekh, partner and head of the international telecoms practice at Olswang LLP, considers the key aspects of the Queen’s Speech relating to the telecoms sector.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial