- Public service pension schemes and guaranteed minimum pension indexation—the final word?
- Original news
- What is the background to HM Treasury's response to the consultation on 'Public Service Pensions: Guaranteed Minimum Pension Indexation'?
- What are the key reforms being taken forward in the consultation response? Is there anything missing from the reforms and do they go far enough?
- What impact do the proposals have on employers, members, trustees and administrators? Are there any particular challenges arising?
- What is the proposed timetable for implementation of the changes and what are the next steps? Are there any issues that should be tackled now?
Pensions analysis: The outcome of the consultation on guaranteed minimum pension (GMP) indexation has been published by HM Treasury. Following the responses received, the government has decided to make full GMP indexation the permanent solution for public service pension schemes with effect from 6 April 2021. Jae Fassam, partner at CMS, discusses the development.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial