- Protectionism and investment restrictions in the US and Germany
- Developments in protectionism and foreign investment in Europe
- Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS)
- Origins and history
- CFIUS in the Trump administration
- Process and timeline
- CFIUS filing considerations
- M&A considerations and recommendations
- German Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Restrictions
- History and rationale of the German FDI review mechanism
- FDI review mechanism—scope, process and timeline
- M&A considerations
Corporate analysis: The 2017 Lex Mundi Global Seminar on Cross-Border Transactions was held on 2 November 2017 in London, United Kingdom. The seminar brought together legal practitioners, financial institutions and advisers, commentators and market participants in the cross-border M&A sphere to discuss key trends and developments in cross-border transactions. This News Analysis summarises the discussions and conclusions in relation to protectionism and investment restrictions in the US and Germany which were considered in the third session of the conference.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial