- Protecting the past to plan for the future
- By way of background, what is meant by historic environment law?
- How did the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (ERRA 2013) affect historic environment law?
- What challenges does the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) create for historic environment law?
- Does the current legislative framework and government policy go far enough to protect the historic environment?
- Are there any key cases in the pipeline relating to all of this?
Planning analysis: According to Richard Harwood OBE QC at 39 Essex Chambers the first, and often overlooked, requirement in policy is for local plans to contain a positive strategy for the historic environment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial